In the consumer markets, endorsements are part of the selling procedure. Companies get celebrity endorsers to catch your attention and to persuade you to buy their stuff. Annoyingly, there’s a mercenary aspect to all this, since these celebrities often only pretend to like the products they’re endorsing because they’re getting paid for it. It makes you wonder what they really think.
This leads us to what soldiers really think when it comes to their accessories. If they’re using a wristwatch, what do they really wear, especially out in the field?
There has never been a definitive survey of this, but it wouldn’t be surprising if you’ll find USAF pilots and perhaps maybe even US Navy Seals wearing the Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch.
Features of the Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch
This watch bears many features that actual warriors would want to have on their wristwatches if they’re on a tour of duty.
- The case diameter is 44mm. That may seem a bit large, but there’s a point to it. It makes you able to see the time quickly in just one glance. The dial is black with light colored hands and numbers. The date function in the typical 3 o’clock position and the textured bezel is unidirectional. Everything is where it should be, so you can tell the time at a glance even in moving vehicles.
- The bezel also has super-clear white indices, which also makes them very easy to make out.
- It also helps that you have all the numbers in large font so there’s no doubt as to what the time is whenever you check your watch. To help you think in military 24-hour time, you also get smaller numbers to denote the 24-hour day.
- This is an analog quartz, which makes it convenient rather that super-stylish. As a quartz watch, it’s much more accurate in its timekeeping so you don’t have to keep adjusting the time. Since it is battery-operated, there’s no need to wind it up.
- The band is made from tough polyurethane. The band wears nicely, without any parts that come loose that may serve as a distraction.
- Perhaps its most distinctive feature is how it glows so brightly in the dark. For soldiers, and for regular folks who work or do serious stuff in the dark, this feature is crucial. It’s not just a “bonus” feature which doesn’t matter if it’s not really working. It matters a lot, especially for soldiers.
- Another exemplary feature is its rated water resistance up to 200 meters. That’s the kind of water resistance that virtually lets you do anything water-related while wearing the watch. It may not be prudent for scuba diving, but for swimming there’s no problem at all. It won’t malfunction even when you get it submerged in water.
- The durability of this watch is also excellent. It won’t break down simply because you drop it on the ground or accidentally bump it roughly into a wall or on your desk. It’s meant to withstand the shock of such impacts.
So why would a real soldier want to wear this?
- It’s very easy to read the time. All you need is a single glance and you get the time right away. There’s no squinting or other difficulty brought on by other types of styling features.
- In the dark, it’s very bright. Again, you won’t have any trouble seeing the time in any sort of low light condition.
- It’s very comfortable to wear.
- It doesn’t matter if it rains, or you’re taking a shower. In fact, even swimming isn’t any trouble for the watch.
- It looks great, even though style is a low priority.
There are some issues which you should be aware of, however.
- It doesn’t seem appropriate to wear this in formal occasions. If you’re wearing a tux or even a suit, you may need a dressier watch.
- Don’t use this for scuba diving in deep waters.
When it comes to wristwatch styling, the military watch is one of the most distinctive. It appeals to men because of the testosterone factor, and to wear such a watch affirms their masculinity. Ironically, the whole point of military watches is to be functional, and that’s why aesthetics for just the sake of style has never been high on the priority list.
There’s no question about the aesthetic coolness of the Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch. Part of its charm is that it’s not just for decorative purposes. It’s highly functional and useful for all sorts of outdoor activities. It’s easy to read the time with just one glance, and it’s easy to use in the dark or even at the beach. It’s durable too.
It’s not hard to understand why real soldiers would want to wear this. It’s also clear why outdoorsy types and other men would recognize its appeal. It’s not worn merely as an affectation. It does serve a purpose, and it allows real men to do serious work.
That it looks great is just a bonus. Wearing the Luminox Men’s 3051 EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Watch makes you feel like a soldier, and that’s a feeling very few men can resist.