It’s easy to see the appeal of the Casio G-Shock when you get to take a look at it. It calls to young men with its rugged and masculine appeal, and even older guys like it. Heck, even some girls don’t mind wearing one. There are plenty models to choose from, though, but you may want to take a closer look at what it offers.
The Rangeman is one of the newer models of the line, and it’s darn good. Some even regard it as the best G-Shock model of them all. It’s a great investment if you get one, as it will serve for years to come.
Features of the Men’s Casio G-Shock RANGEMAN Master
This looks like a watch Darth Vader may sport on his wrist, and that really boosts its coolness factor. It even has a subdial feature that makes you think of the Death Star. In any case, it’s great not just for its great look. Digging deeper will uncover all kinds of goodies.
- For a military look, check out the GW-9400-3CR model. It has a black face with light colored numbers, orange accents on the dial buttons on the side, and a green resin band. It really looks what Special Forces commandos would use if they’re going on a raid. The diameter is huge at 54 mm.
- You have what Casio calls the Triple Sensor technology. This is the basic ABC suite of functions, such as the altimeter, barometer, and compass. Those tools can really help you out in the field, when you’re hunting, hiking, or camping. Here you also have a thermometer, so you can tell what the temperature is.
- Now let’s get to how it tells time. This is a digital watch so it gives you the precise time. What’s more, it’s always accurate because of the Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping feature. Basically, your watch can receive calibration radio signals so the time is always accurate. You can do this manually at any time, or you can get the signals automatically up to six times a day.
- It also gives you the World Time feature with 31 time zones and the time for 48 cities around the world. It even has daylight saving.
- On hikes and camping trips, you will find it useful that you have data for when the sunrise and sunset is. That’s also the kind of information that’s useful for hunters and for anglers. You can find out the best time to hunt when your prey likes low light conditions.
- Its lithium ion battery is recharged through solar power. That’s actually a great feature for outdoors types, since of course they’re under the sun quite frequently. But it still works when you’re indoors or at night. You just need to make sure that it gets a bit of sun every day and it’ll run like clockwork.
- The toughness of the G-Shock is legendary, and you can see that on this Rangeman model as well. It’s shock-resistant, so you won’t have to worry when you bump it against rocks and trees on your next hike. Slip on the ground and it’s not a problem, as it’s mud-resistant too. If it gets too cold, it’s no big deal as it’s resistant to low temperatures down to 14 degrees F (-10 C).
- As for water resistance, it’s rated for 200 meters. What that really means is you can use it for all types of swimming and other water surface activities. It’s just not right for deep sea scuba diving.
- The buttons are designed to be tough as well. They’re made to withstand impact nicely, and the more frequently used sensor button is designed to keep foreign bits like dust out.
- At night, you can just press a button and it has a backlight and afterglow to show you what you need to see.
- There’s no doubt that it’s a great looking watch for a more casual setting. It really portrays you as a rugged and athletic individual with the toughness to match.
- The time calibration makes sure the time is accurate all the time.
- Obviously it’s a tough watch as well. It’s very hard to damage, and it’s as if it doesn’t go through normal wear and tear.
- You get lots of features and information that can prove really useful when you’re out in the field.
- It’s actually not that heavy, and it’s comfortable to wear. It’s not like you’re wearing a huge rock on your wrist.
- With the excellent water resistance, you can use this for beach activities without any sort of hassle.
- You do need to practice using the watch to take advantage of all the special features.
- It looks like a young man’s watch, so it may seem a bit off when you’re past middle age.
There’s no need to rehash all the reasons why so many find the G-Shock so cool these days. The Rangeman is especially noteworthy with its looks, functions, and durability. Buy one, and you have a watch you can wear when you’re relaxing or when you’re in the outdoors.